Here are the titles and the basic story lines for my five movie ideas.
1. Give The Finger For Perfection - A young man has surgery on his right ring finger. He noticed that, as the finger heals, he has the ability to point his finger at people and control their thoughts. He tries to make the world a better place by making everyone choose what he thinks would be the right decision. He thought he would be making the world a perfect place. In the end he realizes that he has ruined the world by messing with everyone's agency.
2. I Know What You Think Of Me - A different young man wonders what his peers think of him. Do they really like him or are they just nice to him? Do they secretly think he is a loser? He seeks out a way to know what people are thinking about him on the internet. He finds an obscure witch doctor type guy who sells him a supplement that will allow him to read people's thoughts. When he takes it and goes to school, he realizes that people don't really think about him at all. They mostly think about themselves. He does notice, however, that since he can read people's minds, he knows their insecurities. He decides to help everyone overcome their insecurities and as he does he notices that people think about him more often. He also notices that they like him. A lot actually. It's a happy ending.
3. A Man Addicted to Sardines, Always Has a Few In His Pocket - This line was said in a game of Balderdash almost twenty years ago, and I have always wanted to find a use for it. I am not sure what the story line I would choose from the infinite possibilities out there. Maybe he goes to AA meetings, but no one will sit by him or something. Or, maybe his friends hold an intervention for him and they realize that he has a pet seal that he keeps in his bathtub.
I'm starting to think that there isn't a story line that lives up to the title.
4. The Unfortunate Miner - After an apocalyptic event, a woman is chosen to dig for natural resources because she went to Bingham High School. Even though the school mascot is the Miner... she knew nothing about mining.
5. The Unicycleists Reprieve - Hendricks, a peasant in the times of Leonardo Da Vinci is sentenced to imprisonment because he was not able to pay the king's tax. While in prison he is given the opportunity to learn to ride the unicycle for the king's amusement. His riding prowess impresses the king. The king was willing to let him out of prison, but Hendricks refuses to wear the court jester hat and spends two extra years in prison. Over that time he learns to juggle while he rides the unicycle and, well, the king gives him a reprieve. And a title... like Baron or something.
Who would you cast to star in these movies?